Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 07:22:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Integrate on Salvage Hunters Weds 16th Jan  (Read 3561 times)
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« on: 15 January, 2019, 09:27:05 PM »

Just noticed Salvage Hunters:Classic Cars is listed as featuring a Ford Capri and Lancia Integrale.  9pm Wed 16 Jan on Quest.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 17 January, 2019, 05:40:09 PM »

Not wishing to spoil, but apart from cosmetic changes (albeit some what major and very fetching), mention of a service/brakes, not fully sold on concept or rationale behind the series.

P

Frank Gallagher
Cassino

« Reply #2 on: 18 January, 2019, 12:10:43 PM »

Saw it last night, Not sure what Drew brings to this series.......?
Apart from his :"Ferrari, I don't really get it."... comment
Seems like Drew is our arbiter of good design.....uh...t***T.......
Maybe I should see it again, but nothing was mentioned about the mechanics of both Capri and Delta....do they leave it?....seems its all about the cosmetics......

Delta Series 3. Appia Berlina Series 2.
Moto BM Zebretta. Moto Guzzi Leggera 65

Previous Lancias.
 Beta Berlina 1400,Delta 1300, Delta GT,Prisma 1500,Prisma 1600 IE, Dedra 1800, Dedra 2000.IESE.
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 18 January, 2019, 01:32:13 PM »

I'm not sure why Drew has suddenly popped up with classics. He seems to know his cars from previous episodes I've seen concerning originality etc. I was surprised last year to see him as part of the commentary team on the televised Monaco Historic Races.  It was strange there was no mention of the mechanical side unlike the way Edd China  works his way through.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 18 January, 2019, 05:16:01 PM »

On again tomorrow and twice on sunday:

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv-programme/e/hjk2wc/salvage-hunters-classic-cars--s2-e1-ford-capri--lancia-delta-integrale/

David Laver, Lewisham.
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 18 January, 2019, 08:31:20 PM »

Once you are an accepted face on TV you get asked to do things in which you have an interest because the producers think you will draw the crowds. It seems to be a mixture of Wheeler Dealers and Salvage Hunters where the object is to sell on at a profit with the least amount of work.

Are wraps really such a great idea? If you pick up a scratch or scrape I don't imagine you can polish it out or blow in a section of a panel.
Flamfan

« Reply #6 on: 20 January, 2019, 02:53:52 PM »

Yep, agreed,and they didn't show how the white wrap looked in an oily red engine compartment.
What's wrong with leaving it red with a detailed professional polish ? I've seen pinkish red successfully
polished back to it's original shade of red. Might have saved a couple of thousand and removable racy stripes
could have been added if required. Also more than £700 to buy and refurbish the replacement steering wheel ?
The first replacement from Germany didn't look that bad to me.
Scrutinizing a parked Ferrari Testarossa our esteemed classic car 'expert' Drew states
" I don't get the Ferrari thing.For me it's like a 14 year old girls cheap hairdryer. I've never owned an Italian car that worked. "
So Drew, why are you buying another Italian car ? You do understand that Lancia is an Italian car , yes ?
It's all just entertainment, and for me it's still quite watchable.
« Last Edit: 20 January, 2019, 04:25:19 PM by Flamfan » Logged
Cassino

« Reply #7 on: 26 January, 2019, 11:07:07 AM »

Did anyone notice the  Red BETA Berlina in the background when Drew and Paul came back from their test drive of the VW Fastback?

Delta Series 3. Appia Berlina Series 2.
Moto BM Zebretta. Moto Guzzi Leggera 65

Previous Lancias.
 Beta Berlina 1400,Delta 1300, Delta GT,Prisma 1500,Prisma 1600 IE, Dedra 1800, Dedra 2000.IESE.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd