Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 01:07:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Early Aprilia wheels.  (Read 8009 times)
GG
Megaposter

« Reply #15 on: 18 January, 2019, 08:33:24 PM »

Sometimes there can be an issue with the early wheels of straightness of the rim mounted to the hub in that the thin metal diaphragm that connects the two gets tired and out of plumb after very long periods of sitting in one position (say after 20+ years). It makes it very difficult to straighten the wheels - its not a balance problem, but rather an alignment issue. One guy fixed the wheels on the Appia, but no luck with the early s.2 B20 wheels. Managed to find a set of steel Borannis (truly) which weigh just about the same as the Lancia originals (~17 lbs I think) but track straighter.

Cutting the rim off may allow for different tires, but not too sure thats such a good idea, as too much tire will put added side stress on the sliding pillar internals. Would rather welcome any thoughts on how to fix the diaphragm on the early wheels. 

B20 s.2, Appia C10, Flavia 2000
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 19 January, 2019, 08:47:41 PM »

B12 also is 165 x 400 Michelin Pilot type as is B24 etc
I think the Michelin Pilote tyres were cross ply and Aurelias would have had radials as standard. The tread patterns were much the same as Xs.
Tony Stephens

« Reply #17 on: 20 January, 2019, 12:04:37 PM »

Thanks Ben, I will bear that in mind when we seem likely to meet
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd