Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:29:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flaminia Valve seats  (Read 2884 times)
Flamfan

« on: 29 November, 2018, 04:14:43 PM »

Does anyone know if Flaminia's were manufactured with hardened valve seats ?
Plenty of info online, but as usual the more I read the more confused I get.
It has been said that lead replacement additives can cause more problems than they cure ?
I've been adding 1 bottle of octane booster ( without lead replacement ) to Shell V power for a couple of years
and the engine definitely feels a tad more powerful and smoother with the additive.
I'd be interested to know if other Flaminia owners use additives, and if so what are they using ?
Also would like to know if anyone has suffered adverse effects with additives.
Thanks
Jay
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 29 November, 2018, 09:13:05 PM »

When i first got my 2.5 3C i ran for a couple of tanks with the well known additive that comes in a small silver bottle. But everyone i spoke to said it wasn't necessary, so i stopped and 8 years later the engine seems as strong as when i first got it. I also read that higher octane fuel gave better MPG, did that a few times, i don't think it made any difference, I do about 2k to 3k a year and not scared to use the full rev range of the engine. I hope that helps.

Julian Wood, Kingston, London
Flamfan

« Reply #2 on: 30 November, 2018, 04:22:15 PM »

That's interesting jay. I do use an octane booster with every tank of Shell V power and it stops
the occasional 'pinking' experienced without it. It might be my imagination but the engine also feels
slightly smoother.
Jay
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 30 November, 2018, 07:31:56 PM »

Never really experience 'pinking' apart from once when the brake servo played up and got stuck on, so had to rev it hard to get home, the after mark of this was a knackered burnt clutch and my half shaft sheared a couple of years later.

Back on topic, i put the cheapest 95 petrol in the tank and it seems absolutely fine, although like most owners the engine does need to warm up (so does the gearbox) and the carbs need to get wet with the correct level of fuel. But after half a mile or so, it settles down and loves to rev.   

Julian Wood, Kingston, London
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd