Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:25:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I finally have a Fulvia!  (Read 44751 times)
IanC

« Reply #75 on: 24 June, 2022, 01:19:18 PM »

Well, after a break with no activity for 3.5 years I’m back on it!  Hope you haven’t been waiting….  Blame Covid, trying to retire and failing.  I’m on the brakes now and they’re all stuck.  I’ve freed off the front callipers and got them off the car, they have no boots strangely and need a rebuild, which I will be doing as long as I can get the pistons out.  I’m also replacing the flexi lines all round due to age.  I also need new brake pad retaining pins as some silly person had fashioned a set out of brake pipe with a flared end and the other end just bent over……
So the question today is about where to buy parts?  Omicron's website seems to be down for maintenance, but Ricambio's is running and they seem to have all the parts I need.  Is their stuff decent quality?

Thank you
Ian
andyps
Megaposter

« Reply #76 on: 25 June, 2022, 05:20:20 PM »

I've had parts from Ricambio which have all been good, but their range is more limited than many. Omicron have most things and are very helpful if you give them a call - from a conversation I had recently I wonder if they are putting together a new site with selling facility, they were aiming for that. I've also used Pieces-Fulvia in France a few times, they have an amazing range of stock and deliver quickly.
IanC

« Reply #77 on: 27 June, 2022, 05:12:28 PM »

Thanks Andy, appreciate the response and advice.
IanC

« Reply #78 on: 17 July, 2022, 12:28:55 PM »

Next question.  I need to drain the cooling system to replace a couple of perished hoses and wondered what is the capacity of the system?  Knowing this will ensure I use an appropriately sized receptacle and mean less clearing up.

Thank you
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #79 on: 17 July, 2022, 01:32:38 PM »

7 litres  (but less  will come  out..).

Recommend a good flush out and refill with 50% concentrate Blue Glycol base antifreeze. Wilko does a  good concentrated Blue in 5  litres....

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
IanC

« Reply #80 on: 17 July, 2022, 06:51:13 PM »

Excellent, thank you for the prompt reply and the advice.  There’s little worse in car maintenance than watching an undersized container fill quickly with the realisation that you need something bigger. 
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #81 on: 18 July, 2022, 06:51:37 AM »

After draining the coolant, 4.6 liters are necessary to refil (heater valve fully open), Andrea

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
IanC

« Reply #82 on: 18 July, 2022, 07:33:30 PM »

Thanks Andrea, good point regarding the heating system

Regards

Ian
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #83 on: 19 July, 2022, 05:05:58 PM »

Advisable to use "blue" coolant that contains additives (including inorganic polyphosphates) fully compatible with the Fulvia engine. Red or orange coolant is not recommended. These additives decay after 2 y regardless of car usage and this is why it is good practice to replace the coolant every 24 months. Andrea

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
IanC

« Reply #84 on: 26 July, 2022, 06:25:50 PM »

Thanks Andrea, again, useful advice.  After replacing the two coolant hoses that run from the bottom of the radiator up to the heating matrix I refilled with Bluecol which should be the right stuff I hope. 
It’s interesting at this stage to reflect on the quality of this car after a few jobs including stripping the brakes, callipers, coolant hoses etc.  everything has come undone readily and just seems well engineered.  It has been quite a revelation and I’m really looking forward to the next couple of months as I move toward actually starting it.
IanC

« Reply #85 on: 31 July, 2022, 05:37:04 PM »

And the next question.  Is it simple to replace the fuel line running from the tank to engine, is it one pipe etc?  I guess there is also a return?

Thank you

Ian
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #86 on: 01 August, 2022, 06:41:09 AM »

Yes, no hard job. On S2/3 cars there is a return line. It is a good idea to remove and clean the fuel tank. Andrea

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
Wangler
Megaposter

« Reply #87 on: 01 August, 2022, 11:55:40 AM »

If you're lucky you'll have a brass connector for the fuel filler pipe/tank join. If you haven't you may not be able to get the plastic one off without breaking it, but you can replace it with a brass one.

https://www.pieces-fulvia.com/connection-nut-for-fuel-tank-lancia-fuvlia-coupe-all-models.htm

If you have to do that you'll have to de-solder/re-solder the pipe at the top end (just use a blowtorch) to get the new connector on to it. Don't forget to put the re-soldered end back to its original position regarding the fuel cap locators. Also, buy a new gasket for the connector.

Fulvia Coupe 1976
Fulvia Coupe 3 1975
IanC

« Reply #88 on: 04 August, 2022, 02:01:42 PM »

Thanks Andrea, Richard, appreciate the advice.  Are there any particular suppliers of the hose you would use or recommend?

Ian
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #89 on: 04 August, 2022, 03:03:33 PM »

High quality hoses for fuel lines now must bear the date of manufacture. Andrea

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S