Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:18:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S3 Instument binnacle removal  (Read 2347 times)
fulvia888

« on: 14 November, 2018, 02:43:14 AM »

Hi
Am a new owner , trying to remove the intrument binnicale on my Fulvia s3 and would appreciate some advise . Firstly is possible to unscrew and pull out the whole unit from  a seated position sufficiently  to get access to remove speedo cable , and wiring connectors ? , or do I need to put head in the footwell and do all the disconnecting work from below ? , also are the connectors straight pull off , or do they have like modern cars retaining latches/clips ?
Any advise welcome , as like many I get a little nervous with the dash
Many Thanks
Steve
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 14 November, 2018, 09:51:24 AM »

Access to instruments: if you are very lucky and with thin fingers, you can undo the speedo cable without removing the dashboard and instruments. If it is necessary to do the latter, it is possible to do it while seated on the driver seat. Remove the two knurled rings on the odometer reset and instruments lights. Remove (via the glove box) the single wing nut fixing it to the dashboard. Remove the 4 screws retaining the  steering surrounds and if necessary (not always necessary) slacken the nuts holding up the steering column to drop it a little bit (not necessary to remove them completely). With the aid of flat chisels, carefully and very gently remove the brown plastic dashboard. It is unnecessary to undo the nuts holding the black top lid. At this stage it is easy to remove the Philips screws retaining the panels over the instruments with full access to them. Andrea 

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
fulvia888

« Reply #2 on: 14 November, 2018, 11:08:03 AM »

Thanks for that , I've got to that point, by removing the drivers seat completely It's a lot easier to access from below ,and undo the speedo , no time over the next couple of days , but I'll give it a go at the weekend - Thanks Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd