Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 12:22:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Appias on eBay  (Read 5236 times)
mikeC
Megaposter

« on: 04 October, 2018, 09:09:16 AM »

Three Appia commercials on eBay, furgoncino, camioncino and Jolly!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-Appia-Furgoncino/253913744494?hash=item3b1e70446e:g:GQUAAOSwxOVbtRMD

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-Appia-Camioncino-for-restoration/253913665490?hash=item3b1e6f0fd2:g:db8AAOSwe2ZbtQv1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-Appia-Jolly/253913740661?hash=item3b1e703575:g:Gs8AAOSw8MJbtRKQ

All left-hand-drive, from the same seller in Lincolnshire.

1953 Lancia Appia Series 1
1931 Austin Seven deluxe saloon
1914 Saxon Model A roadster

(previously owned Lancias: 1958 Appia Pininfarina coupe, 1987 Delta LX, 1986 Delta cabriolet, 1991 Dedra 1.8, 1993 Dedra 1.6)
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 04 October, 2018, 10:59:06 AM »

That Appia Jolly is a sweetie.  Sweet enough to be worth saving some of the photos here.

"Runs and drives" but its going to be a labour of love for someone to beat back the tin worm.

David Laver, Lewisham.
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 04 October, 2018, 08:51:07 PM »

I notice the Jolly is UK registered. Presumably it has been hidden away for a long time.
mikeC
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 05 October, 2018, 07:27:45 AM »

According to theDVLA website, it was first registered in the UK in March 1963, and has been off the road since October 1994!

1953 Lancia Appia Series 1
1931 Austin Seven deluxe saloon
1914 Saxon Model A roadster

(previously owned Lancias: 1958 Appia Pininfarina coupe, 1987 Delta LX, 1986 Delta cabriolet, 1991 Dedra 1.8, 1993 Dedra 1.6)
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 05 October, 2018, 10:12:53 AM »

A bit of digging reveals it was for sale in 2015. http://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=50435
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 05 October, 2018, 04:38:20 PM »

I considered buying this a couple of years ago. It was then being sold by Peter Chittenden who I think is still an LMC member.
Ultimately it was sold to a young (well, a lot younger than me) lad in E Anglia.

I subsequently met him because of other Appia cross-overs and he is very skilled metal worker and a charming, genuine chap. I know that there is a real reason for the sale.

It does need some work though .....

I think it may be one of the "Alperton" service cars - but better archivists than me will confirm/deny

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 05 October, 2018, 04:39:29 PM »

Am posting the description in case it disappears again.  Be a shame to lose track of its history and maybe someone here will be able to add to the story?   In terms of it being advertised the key sentence is "The new owner needs to be either 1) The possessor of welding skills and a sense of humour. with sustained access to a large workshop with a very large door. 2) To have deep pockets."

Not me...but I wish it was.

Lancia Appia Jolly Camper Van  Photo
 Lancia Appia Jolly Camper Van    Lancia Appia Jolly Camper Van    Lancia Appia Jolly Camper Van    Lancia Appia Jolly Camper Van    Lancia Appia Jolly Camper Van   Lancia Appia Jolly Camper Van    Lancia Appia Jolly Camper Van    Lancia Appia Jolly Camper Van    Lancia Appia Jolly Camper Van    Lancia Appia Jolly Camper Van   Lancia Appia Jolly Camper Van

Hello. welcome to the auction of my 1964 Lancia Jolly Camper Van. I have owned this dear old van for many years. she was used extensively (and lived in(!) for a year) while touring european countries in 1992. however. family commitments mean that the planned renovation on return never happened! Last MOT was in 1993.  She is quite a rare thing. and even with the tiny 1100cc Appia engine. high clearance and Land Rover tyres she proved capable of going anywhere. She was tucked away in woods. down cobbled back streets. in boat yards. on river banks and beaches. She was bags of fun. In one year of touring we paid camping site fees for a fortnight!
The good bits: Nicely made vehicle with hand work and some lead loading in the construction. Appia based and sharing some parts with early Aurelia. 73K km and LHD.  Lots of history. was originally one of two imported by Lancia UK and I have photos of this one fitted out as a mobile workshop. The other one was a parts van with a lower roof which I understand survives in Switzerland. Much mechanical work was completed by myself and Peter Gerrish. the previous owner. who rebuilt the engine and gearbox when I bought it to use in Europe. She runs and drives. although the brakes are pretty arthritic now due to lack of use.  Up to date V5. nice reg number. when I tried to SORN her DVLA said unnecessary as she has been off the road for so long. so no risk of fines when you forget when SORN becomes due. Comes with some spares collected over the years.  Although rare. the Lancia Motor Club in UK provides excellent support and back up. with lots of contacts for spares. skills and services which will be needed during restoration.  
Not so good bits:It's 7 foot high so it wont go in a normal garage!There is a fair bit of rust in some areas. particularly at the rear floor around the spring hangers. which require replacement. in the both rear quarter panels where a large hole in the roof has allowed leaks. The front and rear valances and some areas of the roof. jacking points. areas at the edges and rear of the floor and other panels have rust and will need work. particularly around joints on flat panels and where a felt like material has been used by the factory to reduce vibration between large flat panels and bracing struts inside the van body. The felt has collected moisture and is causing rusting from the inside out and these struts all need cutting out and replacing without felt!However. there are some areas of the body under the layers of paint. which aren't bad at all. She has been painted many times. there are photos with grey. silver. orange(!) and the original Lancia blue/cream showing. All is thoroughly micro-blistered and would be best to go back to bare metal. The original 5 speed box was changed for a 4 speed (same final drive ratio) two owners ago in the 1980's. There is no possibility of ever finding a replacement panel anywhere but for localised repairs. improvisation by cutting down readily available modern panels from other makes to get the correct sections. worked well.  Fortunately many of the panels are flat.
She deserves restoring properly. The original 1960's interior which was fitted I understand when Lancia UK sold it to a company employee. was very dated and worn out. When we got back from Europe it was removed. I can provide drawings of what was there. but to be honest you could significantly improve on the layout and fit it out with really nice up to date custom interior.  
So. this is an unusual item. much rarer than a VW. She is not really like a car at all. more like an old cottage which needs lots of work and TLC to become habitable once again. There is lots of knowledge and help out there to support a courageous new owner. She deserves a proper restoration of the body. fresh paint. some minor mechanical restoration and a really nice new interior. The new owner needs to be either 1) The possessor of welding skills and a sense of humour. with sustained access to a large workshop with a very large door. 2) To have deep pockets.
Usual ebay rules apply. please contact me on 07711 263354. Viewing can be arranged. she is kept at Danbury. Essex CM3. Please only bid if you want to buy. Phone me and come and look first! Due to the size you will need to arrange to have her collected by trailer/beavertail truck. There is a reserve and she is advertised elsewhere. Please call me with any questions or for more photos. Thanks Peter

On 02-Oct-13 at 12:35:28 BST. seller added the following information:

Hi gents. in response to requests the van measurements are below. thanks Peter4. 6 metres in Length2. 46 metres in Height1. 9 metres in WidthInternal standing height is 1. 67metresSo the overall dimensions are larger than I thought and she has standing height inside for someone up to 1. 67m tall.

On 05-Oct-13 at 20:04:35 BST. seller added the following information:

Just to add: Although not showing in the photos. there is a correct spare wheel and pair of new old stock Lancia Jolly rear leaf springs which are included in the sale.  

Also published at eBay.co.uk

David Laver, Lewisham.
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 05 October, 2018, 04:40:34 PM »

Crossed in the post...go on Simon...I know you've got the ceiling height...

David Laver, Lewisham.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 05 October, 2018, 04:43:12 PM »

A bit of digging reveals it was for sale in 2015. http://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=50435
Thanks Frank it also gives a lot of information regarding what needs doing, interesting that Peter Gerrish owned it at one time.
Brian
8227  Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 05 October, 2018, 06:10:06 PM »

1. 67m tall looks like 5'-5 3/4" so unless you're really small it's a bit tight for a camper van.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd