Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:29:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Water pump  (Read 6683 times)
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« on: 23 February, 2015, 09:50:23 PM »

I did this some 40 years ago but now I cannot remember.  So, to unscrew the rear cover of the pump and access the seal - right hand or left hand thread?

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 03 August, 2016, 09:30:50 AM »

Nobody has replied!!!    Please tell, I would like to rebuild the spare.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 03 August, 2016, 10:16:43 AM »

If you mean the aprox. 72 mm diameter thread, it's a left hand thread. Makes sense, as it will try to do itself up when running.
Regards, John
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 03 August, 2016, 06:02:57 PM »

Thanks, John, thought so but wanted confirmation before applying BFI.  Will have a go tomorrow.

davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 21 November, 2018, 01:55:12 PM »

New query.  Does anyone remember where the carbon seal in the Buckle modification came from?     Mine has worn down after only 50 years and is leaking and it would be easier to replace rather than to modify the pump further to fit a lip seal.   Grey Fergy tractor comes to mind but there seem to be many seals for Fergies!

Dikappa
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 22 November, 2018, 05:21:43 PM »

I can't help with the seal, but is there any technical information on waterpump modifications?
Many thanks!
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 23 November, 2018, 02:04:04 PM »

Not as yet.    I have drawings to replace the bearings with ballraces but that involves using the old seal.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd