Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 01:37:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Series One Appia  (Read 1731 times)
mikeC
Megaposter

« on: 12 August, 2018, 03:15:59 PM »

1953 Lancia Appia series 1 as seen and admired at this year’s AGM (Appia Class Winner in 2015 and 2018). Excellent bodywork, one recent repaint in original Marrone (Brown), as far as I can tell never had any welding, all original interior in Panno Nocciola (Hazel wool-cloth) in excellent condition. I imported it from Vicenza in 2014 so showing only one owner on the UK V5C (DVLA-issued age-related number).I was told the 80,000kms showing was original, but having worked on the car I doubt it – I’m sure it has been round the clock at least once!

I have replaced the engine and gearbox mountings, all new track-rod end components, fitted a new (NOS) heater unit and a complete rewire including rebuilt starter, dynamo and windscreen wiper motor, rebuilt the front window mechanism, fitted new door seals, etc. Unfortunately in spite of rebuilding the clutch and re-bushing the gear-change linkage, the gear selection is still unpleasant – my conclusion is that the gearbox probably needs overhauling.

I’ve had enough! I like to drive my cars, not to work on them; I have managed only three or four hundred miles in the last two years, so it’s time for someone with more engineering skill than I have to take over. I may consider a later Lancia in part-exchange – Fulvia, Beta, Delta, Y10, anything so long as it doesn’t have a column change!

A very rare chance to purchase an early Appia in right-hand drive – a rare car yet with good parts support – the price reflects the work still needed to get it in top condition.

£10,750 to include a photocopy (only) of the Italian registration document (VI 259228), a newly-issued Lancia Heritage Certificate, CD containing the Parts Catalogue (in Engish) and other documents, the original handbook in mint condition, and a very nice original sales brochure.

Give me a bell on 07779 718812, or email me at mikecostigan@talktalk.net for further details, photos, tempting offers etc.

1953 Lancia Appia Series 1
1931 Austin Seven deluxe saloon
1914 Saxon Model A roadster

(previously owned Lancias: 1958 Appia Pininfarina coupe, 1987 Delta LX, 1986 Delta cabriolet, 1991 Dedra 1.8, 1993 Dedra 1.6)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd