Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:22:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Y10 Wanderings  (Read 40588 times)
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #105 on: 26 February, 2021, 10:42:02 PM »

That pump is nasty, surely they have cocked up on the rubber composition?
A year of use, new parts are getting worse aren't they. Shocking.

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #106 on: 06 September, 2021, 12:56:10 PM »

I still don't get much time on the forum before the dreaded error boots me out hence the long gap since posting anything.

I have been using the Y10 to tow, having fitted the tow bar I got from Ben Courage. Heavily laden with tools it did a round trip to Monmouthshire and I was delighted to get just under 55 mpg.

They say troubles come in threes. One of our black cats crept into the Y10 while I was working on it and got shut in over night. A black cat on a black mat in the depths of the back footwell is easy to miss. In distress trying to get out she clawed the alcantara on the drivers door (strike 1) then took a dump on the driver's seat (strike 2) luckily with a nylon seat cover in place so saving me from the worst of the cleaning up job. Then a few days later someone with a tow bar backed into me punching a neat hole through my original dealer number plate and through the plastic bumper behind (strike 3). The driver was very apologetic and it was a very awkward driving situation so I wasn't too aggrieved. Again I got off lightly as a new number plate covers the damage completely and I have been toying with the idea of fitting a NOS bumper with spot lights which I have tucked away in the loft.

The latest excitement has been loosing half my gear change. Coming home from Little Walden to Shefford yesterday, with the trailer attached, I got as far as Royston before the gear stick started to feel strange then developed excessive movement. There are two actuating rods, loosely speaking one does fore and aft movement whilst the other does side to side. One end of the side to side rod had come undone. I could get first somewhere under the glove box, second towards the back of the passenger seat and I still had some vestigial side to side movement allowing third to be found somewhere under the steering wheel. That was enough for me to make it home at 50 mph in third whilst praying not to get held up at junctions.

This morning I have dug out enough spares to get it all back together again but it seems that Y10 gear linkage bushes ought to be viewed as time expired. Three of the four rod ends have plastic cups pressed into them which push onto ball joints. These cups are now at an age where they are liable to break up. I am planning to buy another set to have on the shelf in anticipation of future problems. Other owners might be well advised to follow suite.

Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #107 on: 06 September, 2021, 08:58:25 PM »

The plastic cup bushes are easily changed for the rubber ones, as you rightly say the plastic ones are old and brittle now so best changed before they let you down ..

https://www.ricambio.co.uk/gear-linkage-bush-kit-classic-fiat-panda-uno-punto-tipo-tempra-barchetta-coupe-bravo-brava-ducato-alfa-romeo-145-146-155-spider-916-lancia-y10-dedra-delta

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd