Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 10:59:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aprilia blocks  (Read 2070 times)
Andrew White

« on: 24 August, 2018, 09:55:31 PM »

I have been working on my 1937 Aprilia on and off for nearly a year,having replaced the floors and sills it is ready to go to the painters.The car has been off the road since 1961 and was largely unmolested,it came with its original engine in bits,the crank regrouned and bearings remetalled,unfortunately the block had been subsequently welded,resulting in the crank not fitting and one of the liners skewed at an angle,I must add that the person I bought the car from had no knowledge of this,the weld was difficult to see. Also with the car came a seized series. 2 engine,I managed to remove the pistons with a drill and hacksaw and asked my machinist to inspect it,he reckoned boring to 75 mm would clean the bores up,I bought some Fulvia pistons from Italian eBay and sent the block to Serdi.Unfortunately boring didn’t clean them and they suggest fitting new liners,which means removing the head studs.My dilemma now is do I spend a lot of money and end up with a known block or does anyone have a useable block which they would be prepared to sell ?Any advice would be appreciated!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd