Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 08:14:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Augusta engine side plates  (Read 2205 times)
brian
Megaposter

« on: 10 August, 2018, 03:26:53 PM »

Now this is an anorak-y post!
Tidying up the bits of Gussie engine that was damaged (see previous) I needed a replacement LH side engine plate as mine has now a slight buckle and I thought a straight one would be easier than flattening the original. I have several and the best is different in that an aluminium(?) sheet is held inside by 12 brass rivets with a ?gasket between it and the side plate. It is the only one in my collection of 7 with this addition.
This made me look in the parts book and there is only one part no. for the side plates and they are different left to right.
So again questions:
1. Why only one part no. for what is obviously 2 different parts - unless they were originally both the same!!? And if the same - which form was it?
2. What is the reason for the (presumed) modification of my plate?

Brian

Brian Hands

1922 Hands Tourer
1934 Augusta standard saloon
1938 Aprilia S1 saloon
1953 Aurelia B10
1965 Flavia Sport
Kari

« Reply #1 on: 10 August, 2018, 05:09:53 PM »

Brian,

Indeed, the 2 plates of my spare engine are the same. Installed, on both sides the recess is positioned at the lower side for at the LHS allow for the starter motor and on the RHS a small extension covers the rear banjo bolt for the rear main bearing oil supply.

When I had that conrod failure many years ago, there was a hole in the plate. I did cut out the affected part and a mate welded a new flat piece in. Maybe that would work for you too.

I cannot think of a reason to modify a side plate.

I hope that helps

Regards  Karl

* 000_0234.jpg (668.3 KB, 2304x1536 - viewed 383 times.)

* 000_0247.jpg (844.76 KB, 2304x1536 - viewed 401 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd