Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 05:38:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Y10 Tailgate and glovebox lid  (Read 5402 times)
TimV69

« on: 24 April, 2018, 06:50:28 PM »

Possibly a long shot, but would anyone have, or know of anyone who has, a decent Y10 tailgate?  Doesn't have to be pristine, just not rusted-through at the bottom lip, as mine is.  I'm also looking for a glovebox lid in beige Alcantara.

Thanks very much for any information,

Tim Vincent
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 25 April, 2018, 05:54:03 PM »

I may well be able too help but need to check my supplies. I recently acquired a stock of parts and need to sort out what I need myself. I have 3 spare tailgates but can't remember how rusty they are.
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 29 April, 2018, 04:10:54 PM »

I have had a dig in the back of the garage. I have two tailgates I could part with but neither is perfect. One is rust free but has some nasty dents where I suspect somebody reversed into something with a bike rack on the back. The other is dent free but has the first hint of rust in a couple of places under the bottom lip. Is it a grey glovebox lid you need?
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 29 April, 2018, 04:12:21 PM »

Sorry, I see it is beige alcantara you need and that I am sure I can supply.
TimV69

« Reply #4 on: 30 April, 2018, 04:50:37 PM »

I have had a dig in the back of the garage. I have two tailgates I could part with but neither is perfect. One is rust free but has some nasty dents where I suspect somebody reversed into something with a bike rack on the back. The other is dent free but has the first hint of rust in a couple of places under the bottom lip. Is it a grey glovebox lid you need?

Thanks Frank - I'll have a word tomorrow with the garage that's doing the work for me and see what their advice is.  I suspect the one with a hint of rust might be better as that can hopefully be stabilised, but I'll see.

thanks again
Tim
TimV69

« Reply #5 on: 30 April, 2018, 05:01:06 PM »

Not sure whether this should go here or a new thread in the Y10/Y sub-forum, but as well as the parts I've asked about here, I've also needed both doors and the drivers side rear quarter panel, all of which I sourced on ebay, 'new old stock' panels still in their black undercoat.  The rear quarter and the passenger door haven't been a problem, arriving quickly and just what I needed.  The driver's door, on the other hand...

The first one I ordered turned out to be a Cinquecento door!  The Italian supplier of this admitted it was their fault (having bought it as described from a FIAT-Lancia dealer) and has refunded my money, and the door is in my shed await a courier to collect it.   What makes this worse is that they also sent me the correct passenger door - you'd think they'd have noticed they weren't a pair!

No problem, I thought, I'll find another one on ebay, which I did, and it was meant to arrive today.  I came home to find on my doorstep, not a car door, but a pallet-load of 48 bottles of white wine!  Two orders have got mixed up somewhere and I'm hoping I can track the door down soon.  Still, I'm not as disappointed as the person who was expecting the wine and got a car door instead...

Tim
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 30 April, 2018, 07:14:00 PM »

At least you can console yourself with a few glasses of wine while you wait for the door.
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #7 on: 01 May, 2018, 08:03:41 AM »

Hi

I think I may have kept very quiet and just reordered another door.......

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 01 May, 2018, 09:09:01 AM »

Here are some pictures. I haven't done anything to clean it up since acquisition and the circumstances for photography were not ideal. I can't work out how to attach them to a PM.
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 03 May, 2018, 05:19:50 PM »

Following a dig in the attic here is a picture of a spare glove box lid and other sundry brown bits. I was sure I had a lot more plastic bits but I suspect I needed the space so dumped them thinking nobody would brown trim again. Anything I have is available if needed.
JimB976
Lapsed

« Reply #10 on: 08 May, 2018, 09:06:15 PM »

I definitely have a NOS door skin, just can’t remember which side. Should be able to dig it out this weekend

It has plenty of light surface rust on the factory primer finish but nothing that won’t be removed during the paint preparation anyway

Not sure whether this should go here or a new thread in the Y10/Y sub-forum, but as well as the parts I've asked about here, I've also needed both doors and the drivers side rear quarter panel, all of which I sourced on ebay, 'new old stock' panels still in their black undercoat.  The rear quarter and the passenger door haven't been a problem, arriving quickly and just what I needed.  The driver's door, on the other hand...

The first one I ordered turned out to be a Cinquecento door!  The Italian supplier of this admitted it was their fault (having bought it as described from a FIAT-Lancia dealer) and has refunded my money, and the door is in my shed await a courier to collect it.   What makes this worse is that they also sent me the correct passenger door - you'd think they'd have noticed they weren't a pair!

No problem, I thought, I'll find another one on ebay, which I did, and it was meant to arrive today.  I came home to find on my doorstep, not a car door, but a pallet-load of 48 bottles of white wine!  Two orders have got mixed up somewhere and I'm hoping I can track the door down soon.  Still, I'm not as disappointed as the person who was expecting the wine and got a car door instead...

Tim
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 11 May, 2018, 11:41:55 AM »

And yet more "brown jobs".
TimV69

« Reply #12 on: 20 May, 2018, 07:03:10 PM »

Thanks to Frank I now have a tailgate (dented but non-rusty), the glovebox lid, and plenty of 'brown jobs' and I'm sure there'll be a few bits left over at the end if anyone else needs any brown bits.  And some thanks (eventually) to the Italian shippers, I now have a driver's side door, which appears to have gone to Spain first before returning to Italy and then eventually being left on my doorstep last week.  So hopefully the bodyshop will be busy next week!

Tim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd