Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 07:41:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia Track day  (Read 4456 times)
barracuda
« on: 15 January, 2008, 10:03:33 AM »

Hi all

I am hoping somebody could advise me on the following-

I'm currently insured with AON/LMC classic policy for my integrale and so phoned them to arrange insurance for the club track day at Goodwood in March.  I was told that as it was my first TD they can't do it.  I went on to explain that this was a private day with a max of 5 cars on track, still not interested! I then asked for a contact that could and they said contact the LMC or Goodwood!  Personally I feel that this is wrong ( can't post what I really think!) seeing as this is a club insurance, club trackday etc.  I then rang Footman James from the flyer in the club mag equally useless.....

What to do next? I feel like changing insurance for a start as I know I can do a lot better than AON based on other integrale owners info.  Do you need insurance to do the TD?  Where can I get a 1-day cover?

Any suggestions welcome.

Regards Steve
Harvey
« Reply #1 on: 15 January, 2008, 10:19:07 AM »

That doesn't sound like a helpful response! It's the usual thing of insuring only selected risks - "We'll take your money if you're unlikely to make a claim from us..."

You don't need insurance to take part, though of course all damage is then at your risk. I've searched for track-day insurance before, but never taken out any as the cost always seemed expensive. When you've got to pay £250 for a policy which has a £250 excess and excludes any mechanical failures, then it looks like a bad deal for a car worth c. £1500. I've enjoyed three track days with the Club without insurance and never had an incident.
barracuda
« Reply #2 on: 15 January, 2008, 10:53:38 AM »

Thanks for the reply Harvey.  I think I'll follow your advice as the cover premium would be too high for such basic cover after all it's a fun day out not a grand prix.

Regards Steve
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 15 January, 2008, 12:57:02 PM »

Steve,

I'm the same as Harvey ... but at the end of the day everyone is going to be careful with their pride and joy ... I'm not intending to race anyone just enjoy the handling and keep my eyes wide open Smiley

Which version of integrale will you be bringing ?

Steve

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
donw
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 15 January, 2008, 01:07:35 PM »

Steve

The information you have been given by AON is incorrect if you are on the LMC classic scheme.  If you can give full details of who you spoke to and when I will take it up with my contacts.  There will always bee a substantial excess on track day cover to make sure that drivers have some finacial responsibility .

You can phone me if you like my number is in Viva Lancia under Augusta Information.

Don
PS If you have no experience you can get training at an approved track school after which insurance cover would be easier to obtain.
« Last Edit: 15 January, 2008, 02:36:37 PM by donw » Logged

Don Williamson
Member 111 joined 26th July 1963
1917 Theta 2str
1926 Lambda torpedo
1930 Artena berlina
1933 Belna coupe
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 16 January, 2008, 02:04:55 AM »

Watch it chaps,

Unless you've bought yourself a banger (Lancia Variety) for track days, I think it's madness to take your pride & joy out without some sort of cover, I've seen it happen so many times at track days, the Red Mist comes down and all good intentions go out of the window, & many a time it's been nice motors that have come unstuck, about 12 years ago a fairly new integrale went into the banking backwards at Castle Coombe, he wound up with the shortest grale around Sad similar thing happened to a Fulvia Sport at Goodwood that went home on the back of a wagon, also somewhat shorter than it started the day.
One of the most spectacular was a integrale that went off in a big way a Goodwood and managed to run over his own bonnet while it was still attached Huh? I'm still trying to figure out how he managed that Roll Eyes

However one astute member paid about £150 for a Delta GTie, had a great day of fun, got on the grass, a wheel dug in and went end over end, and written off, & I think it was Barry Waterhouse give him a £150 for it as scrap, now that's what you call a bargain.

By all means go and enjoy yourselves but either take out insurance, or watch out for the red mist Grin

Brian Hilton
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 16 January, 2008, 09:03:34 AM »

I'm no expert, but it seems sensible to have adequate insurance, particularly if passengers are to be allowed. What would happen in the case of a serious injury? I would be surprised if the RAC MSA would allow cars to take part without at least third party insurance.
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 16 January, 2008, 09:02:58 PM »

John,

I think the practice has always been that drivers and passengers (who are obliged to have at least day-membership of the LMC) have to sign an indemnity that means that they take the risk. That seems fair enough to me.

Colin
barracuda
« Reply #8 on: 18 January, 2008, 04:05:11 PM »

To All

I was given a contact for insurance and I am now fully covered for £90.  The company was a pleasure to deal with, friendly and polite.  They phoned me back as promised (rare nowdays!) and best of all, the price.

Hope this helps someone else?

Regards Steve

Competition Car Insurance
72 Maid Marian Way
Nottingham
NG1 6BJ
Click here for map

Telephone: +44 (0)115 941 5255

Facsimile: +44 (0)115 941 5215

Email: competitioncars@towergate.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print