Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2018, 06:33:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Author Topic: I said that I would never buy another Fulvia ....  (Read 4837 times)
Permanent resident

« Reply #135 on: 12 March, 2018, 06:54:33 PM »

Nearly finished stripping the bronze car - it isn't just raining , we had the most amazing thunder and lightening display last night , then 2" of hail ! So still can't get into the vines to finish pruning

As you say , David, it is good to see that these surprises still turn up, however I am still waiting for my barnfind-Bugatti .....

If any of you Fulvia-istas are looking to make a supersuperleggera (or super leg-over as my mum used to call the Flaminia) then the ally bonnet will be perfect.

Neil, I think the bonnet is beyond repair, it is buckled and the frame has gone as well , but if anyone wants to try, you can have it for the cost of the postage. There was only one subframe but it is not rusty and still has the top drain holes. I refitted the subframe to the white one today so it can be moved around easily

Re parts, current thinking is to use the doors and bootlid on the HF along with much of the chrome/stainless trim because it is better than the HF's. The door handles on the bronze car are not pitted and have some nice wear on them so they will be used instead of the new repro ones I bought earlier. The wing mirror needs a new reflector but will go to the white one

The bronze car really is beyond reasonable repair (although Norm may think otherwise !!) the back end is excellent, but the floors , cills and subframe mounts are rotten. It looks as if it was parked pointing downhill with the boot undercover. Tomorrow I am going to paint-strip one of the wheel arches to see if they are original, because they have been very well done if they aren't

ps More Fulvia berlinas, Chris ?

S1 Aprilia Cabrio, S2 Aprilia, S1 Appia Promiscuo, S2 Appia furgoncino, S3 Appia, R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, Velosolex, R60 Tractor, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Fiat 500C, Moto Guzzi Cardellino 73,Honda XLV750R,Fulvia 1600 HF,pair of Rallye S's
Permanent resident

« Reply #136 on: 12 March, 2018, 07:01:43 PM »

The bronze car is what I call a "parts mine". It's often the best way of getting a load of useful spares.

« Reply #137 on: 12 March, 2018, 07:32:50 PM »

It looks like you've made a good acquisition Simon.

Ref your comment "The bronze car really is beyond reasonable repair (although Norm may think otherwise !!) the back end is excellent, but the floors , cills and subframe mounts are rotten.", I think my welder could have both cars back on the road in no time.

Seriously though, I do lie awake at night sometimes thinking how much easier (and cheaper) it would have been to buy one of the many rust-free imports from Italy that are now on the market!  However, a big thing for me was achieving a lifelong ambition to rebuild/restore a car doing as much of the work as possible myself - and it's good to be keeping a right hand drive UK-spec car from the breaker's yard!

Norm Thomas
Ormskirk, Lancashire

1973 Fulvia S2 Coupe
2015 Alfa Romeo Mito
2011 Peugeot 207 (in Spain)
2017 Ford Kuga
Previous Lancias: S2 Coupe and S3 Coupe in late 1970s
Rebel Poster

« Reply #138 on: 14 March, 2018, 09:55:23 AM »

On the next update of Google Earth your Fulvia farm will be visible from space.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2015 Lancia Motor Club Ltd