Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 03:32:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engine oil change and filter  (Read 2970 times)
colinw

« on: 19 January, 2018, 07:51:54 PM »

Please excuse a novice with his basic question.
Soon I shall have in my garage a Flavia Coupe 1800(1966) and the last oil change was some 12 years ago as the car comes from a deceased estate. The car has been standing for a while. So I need to get a new oil filter and seals. The Lancia Book says that you change the oil by removing the oil pressure assembly and crank the engine over pumping the oil out. How messy is that? but not all the oil will be pumped out I fear. I would like to remove the cover plate to access the oil strainer and give this a good clean as well and ask here, can one get new gasket for this cover plate? Also where can I get a new oil filter and seals and perhaps new “O” ring for the oil pressure assembly?
Any thoughts on flushing out all the old oil?
Many thanks to any replies.
rogerelias
Rebel Poster

MY 1600HF IN HEARTBEAT GARAGE

« Reply #1 on: 19 January, 2018, 09:49:09 PM »

Hi Colin, i certainly would not crank the engine over to pump oil out, If it does not run, then I would drain the old oil out using the sump plug, and change the filter which I think is just the one long bolt that goes through the filter canister.If the car can be got running, then I would see how dirty the oil is, and drain and replenish with a flushing oil and run until warm, and drain it all out leave overnight, and change filter too, and put fresh oil in. Re filters they are available no problem, someone on here will know a part number of a known manufacturer. Best join the Flavia Consortium, very helpful. Hope this helps

FULVIA 1600HF LUSSO
1958 VELOCETTE MAC
Triumph Bonneville t120v 1972
1968 MGC ROADSTER
1958 Series 2 Appia berlina
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 19 January, 2018, 10:11:40 PM »

Fram Ch801PL New from wilco motor parts etc I think will fit - used in later Aurelia and Flaminias. around £10

As Roger says just drain fill with 20-50 mineral and change filter - get it running and if the oil get a dirty look quickly then use flushing oil.

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator