Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:53:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mechanical Tacho Noise  (Read 2459 times)
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« on: 08 January, 2018, 01:22:15 PM »

I am sure this has been covered before but I cannot find it!

My Flavia 815 mechanical tacho (revcounter) has started to make a kind of screeching noise when the car is started after any short lay off period. This is similar to Fulvia S1 so I am posting on both topics.

Before I investigate, is it just a case of undoing the cable and squirting in WD40 into the revcounter head bearing>

Anyone let me know their experiences please.

Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Justin McArdle
Megaposter

Fulvia Berlina 2C

« Reply #1 on: 08 January, 2018, 11:01:02 PM »

Hi Tim I had exactly that problem driving to committee meeting on Sunday. Only happens in cold weather. Brian Hilton mentioned he experienced the same in my Fulvia when he drove it on a very cold morning a couple of years ago.
I just stopped and the screech stopped and continued on my way. It is hell of a screech!!

Lancia 2000 HF Coupe
Fulvia Berlina 2C
Justin McArdle
Megaposter

Fulvia Berlina 2C

« Reply #2 on: 08 January, 2018, 11:17:59 PM »

Brian's account...
We took her for a drive and it felt co-rse ( Big Brother doesn't like the full word! cobottom as an alternative Huh?) but I think new leads, plugs points and the carburettors tuned by someone who knows what they are doing would work wonders, the column gearchange was also a bit sloppy that would probably be rectified by adjustment, all the joints on the 2c gear change can be individually adjusted, or in worse case new bushes.
apart from being half frightened to death twice by a rev counter that suddenly screeched at us ( cable probably needs lubrication) she drove well.

Lancia 2000 HF Coupe
Fulvia Berlina 2C
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 08 January, 2018, 11:37:07 PM »

I am sure this has been covered before but I cannot find it!

My Flavia 815 mechanical tacho (revcounter) has started to make a kind of screeching noise when the car is started after any short lay off period. This is similar to Fulvia S1 so I am posting on both topics.

Before I investigate, is it just a case of undoing the cable and squirting in WD40 into the revcounter head bearing>

Anyone let me know their experiences please.

Tim

Hi Tim,
I tho I that's probably about oil you can do, but if you can withdraw the inner, clean and grease.
Before doing anything just check the cable has shallow curves.
Never had this with Fay, although here does tick!
One thing, Justin's tacho unit is different to mine.
Brians
8227 Cool
« Last Edit: 08 January, 2018, 11:42:27 PM by fay66 » Logged

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd