Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 03:35:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to the club / forum  (Read 4520 times)
Jon Fuller

« on: 24 December, 2017, 12:46:41 AM »

Hi guys, I've been preparing a '72 S2 1.3 Coupe for about 6 months (very nearly finished now), but have only just found this site, which would probably have been rather useful on a few occasions during the work, but ho hum.

Was preparing the car for my hoped acceptance in the 2018 Monte Carlo Historique, but I failed to get an entry this time, so I guess we'll try again in 2019....Will give me a chance to get the bugs out I guess.

Anyways, very nearly done now, should be running in a day or two.  Thought I'd share a photo blog of the work so far with you folk who'll actually know what you're looking at, unlike most of the people I show.

http://s58.photobucket.com/user/jonfulvia/library/?sort=2&page=1

Jon

'72 Fulvia 1.3 Coupe
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 24 December, 2017, 08:20:21 AM »

Welcome to our forum Jon.

A comprehensive build and attention to detail! I did similar in 2006 with a Saratoga White (!) 1600 HF. It took a good 24 months to shake out most of the bugs, so maybe you have been given time to get you car running right. Keep us posted.

Oh I still have my Fulvia and its running better than ever. One tip - Brantz is very sensitive to ignition leads and only works with suppressed (carbon string) leads.
Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Jon Fuller

« Reply #2 on: 24 December, 2017, 08:50:29 AM »

Quote:

One tip - Brantz is very sensitive to ignition leads and only works with suppressed (carbon string) leads.

Tim

Oh, that's interesting to know, thank you!

I have the brantz rear wheel sensor, as well as the std 'in speedo cable' unit (switchable), plus, the 'Black Box' dual rear wheel sensor kit for the RallyMeter iPad app, so in all, 3 sensors on the rear wheels.

Jon

'72 Fulvia 1.3 Coupe
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd