Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 11:10:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silverstone Classic this year  (Read 6785 times)
Jay
Megaposter

« on: 10 March, 2018, 07:34:24 PM »

Hi

Is the club planning to attend the Silverstone Classic this year with the usual infield and discount code, its always been one of my favourite events of the year?

thanks   

Julian Wood, Kingston, London
Charles Frodsham
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 21 March, 2018, 10:05:54 PM »

Hi Jay

Sorry, I haven’t done anything about it yet.

Personally, I feel it is getting expensive, and also turning into a car park for the big clubs, with less and less classics on view. However it is always a pleasure to meet up with fellow Lancia owners and enthusiast, and is one of a few venues to ‘ showcase’ the marque in the U.K.

Any thought from other members?

If there is enough interest, I would be compelled to make an application, unless someone else would like to take it on?

Cheers Charles

fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 21 March, 2018, 11:54:07 PM »

Hi Jay

Sorry, I haven’t done anything about it yet.

Personally, I feel it is getting expensive, and also turning into a car park for the big clubs, with less and less classics on view. However it is always a pleasure to meet up with fellow Lancia owners and enthusiast, and is one of a few venues to ‘ showcase’ the marque in the U.K.

Any thought from other members?

If there is enough interest, I would be compelled to make an application, unless someone else would like to take it on?

Cheers Charles

Too expensive Shocked Good heavens, you'll have your post removed  without permission next, in case it discourages others if you're not careful, as happened when I made a similar comment a couple of years ago! How much is it now please?

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 22 March, 2018, 12:16:33 PM »

Hi Brian Smiley , I did a bit of digging on the website and it's hard to work out exactly what the club ticket is ... however , as it's 2 for 1 and the saturday price is £63.00 I'd assume that , with a friend , it's £31.50. This is more than I remember ( around £20 each ) but going for the whole day and seeing a band in the evening ( Status Quo ) it was good value - but very very long ( basically the day is 600am till 230am for me ). Looking at the programme, Friday would be my preferred day this year ( given the music ) and that I was able to go ( which I'm not sure about at the moment )
I understand Charles' PoV - there's a lot of large clubs there but it is great to show off our cars and it's probably the best place for that.

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Jay
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 22 March, 2018, 01:27:23 PM »

Hi Charles

I agree, I thought last year was partially bad with the infield display, very few interesting clubs or cars and awash with early 2000’s German machinery. Unlike previous years, I especially remember the 80% of all remaining road worthy Pipers on display, the car that blow my mind when I was a young kid.

But saying that, anyone who has been the access you get to such a range of cars is just second to none, and with no crowds plus the occasional decent band, having seen the Stranglers now waiting for them to book the Skids.

I can check the prices through the Monte Consortium, I can also I buy thickets through them if needed, just need to put a couple of faux buttresses on the Flaminia.  Wink             

rikardo
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 18 May, 2018, 06:55:31 PM »

The thing with Silverstone Classic is its not a cars-in-the-field-and-have-a-chat type of event. This is definitely a Motorsport event. You park up, possibly have a chat with whoevers still there in your allocated space, and then go off for however long you want to watch the racing. Thats my perspective, which sits fine with me. To be almost physically in the pit-lane during the driver changes for the Sportscar Masters race is something to behold. Mr Dowling please feel free to comment.
This year we dont have Group C racing into dusk, but its almost as good, what with similar types of cars.
I cant recommend this event highly enough. If you have an ounce of motorsport blood in your veins, you should go.
Im going, admittedly in an Alfa, but that doesnt matter, its the racing Ill be there for. See you there!

1992 Delta HF integrale
1993 Dedra integrale
and several Alfas
Chris Hopkins
Librarian
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 18 May, 2018, 10:39:51 PM »

I am going with the Montecarlos again on the Saturday, as I can't make many of their events this year, but I don't know how long I can justify the price.  It is £78 for a pair of tickets, a bit steep for someone who wont be staying for the evening as it will be past my bedtime by the time I get home!

Chris Hopkins
1971 Fulvia Berlina S2
1973 Fulvia Sport 1600
2011 Delta 3 Limited
2012 Ypsilon 1.2 Limited Edition
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 21 May, 2018, 06:14:13 AM »

I am going with the Montecarlos again on the Saturday, as I can't make many of their events this year, but I don't know how long I can justify the price.  It is £78 for a pair of tickets, a bit steep for someone who wont be staying for the evening as it will be past my bedtime by the time I get home!

Putting the price into perspective Chris, I paid £80 in March for Jack and I to watch Bath play Exeter!

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
Jay
Megaposter

« Reply #8 on: 21 May, 2018, 11:55:11 AM »

At less than £40 per person per day, with so much to do, i would say it is one of the better value events.   

andymc

Is that a Golf with a bodykit?

« Reply #9 on: 16 July, 2018, 06:36:54 PM »

Hello all

I went last yeAr but there weren’t many of us from the LMC and we seemed to be a bit in the middle of
nowhere.

I have tickets via a friend who is racing and not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth wondered if anyone had a spare infield pass?

Iirc they are probably reg specific.

And

1993 integrale Evo 2
Chris Hopkins
Librarian
Megaposter

« Reply #10 on: 17 July, 2018, 05:02:15 PM »

I guess £39 pp is not that bad, you do see a lot of lovely cars and some good racing.

Chris Hopkins
1971 Fulvia Berlina S2
1973 Fulvia Sport 1600
2011 Delta 3 Limited
2012 Ypsilon 1.2 Limited Edition
Jai Sharma
Megaposter

« Reply #11 on: 18 July, 2018, 09:08:44 PM »

I'll be there racing in the 70's roadsports race on Saturday (qualifying Friday) though not in a Lancia.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd