Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
15 August, 2020, 09:19:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail, for Database Administrator e-mail      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail      -      To Join the club go to
   Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
 on: Today at 09:10:49 AM 
Started by Lightweight_911 - Last post by Lightweight_911

Anyone have one of these :

Email: andyjboy AT hotmail dot com



 on: Today at 08:14:50 AM 
Started by Mikenoangelo - Last post by Mikenoangelo
Tank casting - yes please Mike. I started on that but other more urgent problem arose!!
My new clutch spring turned out to be slightly too deep when fully compressed so had to go back to be ground down - only 5mm off the length but as the clutch travel is little more than that, the clutch could not be disengaged. Now I find it is about 1mm too small at one end to fit onto the clutch centre - today's task is to grind that out - interesting problem to grind a wobbly spring but I think I have a method.


 on: Yesterday at 09:04:08 PM 
Started by Mikenoangelo - Last post by Raahauge
They say that there is "No advice like the advice you want"  I am reassured by your comments.
I changed the fibre coupling at the gearbox end last week and there was no detectable play in the output shaft.
On another matter I am working on a casting for the tank mounted petrol gauge mechanism. Progress is a bit slow but do you want one when available and is anyone else interested? 

 on: Yesterday at 06:49:59 PM 
Started by simonandjuliet - Last post by Dave Gee

 Thanks Tim for that as I have very few Aprilia parts and a lot missing as I suspect my car was possibly used as a parts car. (Huh??)


 on: Yesterday at 04:59:55 PM 
Started by nthomas1 - Last post by nthomas1

Installed the passenger seat this morning.  Took it apart first to fit the rubber seal to the lower edge of the base and to re-glue the fabric around the base as it had come away in places while sitting on the shelf for a couple of years. Dry fitted the frame to check hole alignment before removing it again and fitting it to the upholstered section. It went in nicely and the slider mechanism and lock work smoothly.  Will get the driver's seat ready next but won't install it until I've finished work on the dashboard electrics.

 on: Yesterday at 04:51:10 PM 
Started by nthomas1 - Last post by nthomas1
Thanks Tim, but I've already ordered the Omicron one.... and it was a good price!

 on: Yesterday at 04:25:02 PM 
Started by simonandjuliet - Last post by tzf60
 Hi Dave,
I came across this pedal box/cover last evening - so you know what to look for, amongst your parts!
This one is in very good condition, considering where it should normally reside - exposed to the elements and the open road.
Not the one that came with my car. That one resembles a sieve  Grin

 on: Yesterday at 04:12:29 PM 
Started by Dikappa - Last post by Dikappa
We have a saying in Belgium  'Met passen en meten wordt veel tijd verscheten'.  A liberate translation: measuring and fitting a lot of time is wasted, which was certainly true today.  Before finally mounting the steering box I wanted to tick one item of the list, and come up with a good solution for the claxon wire connection.  Not sure how this was originally, I only found a bit of completely rottened reddisch plastic tube in the shaft when cleaning the steering gear.
As the shaft is rotating but the screwed on end cap is not I decided to make a rotating contact.

In the rotating shaft comes a plastic sleeve in which a brass contact piece is fitted (with a 3mm hole and a little srcew to fit and fasten the wire to the horn button)
In the end cap, which has a 12mm hole, I also fitted a plastic sleeve with a brass core, in which at one side fits a 6mm carcon brush I stole from an old distributor cap, and on the other side has a connection for the wire.

It has a little step to center a spring which keeps this assy under pressure to prevent it from wanting to rotate (as the plastic sleeve was a press fit into the end cap this was probably not necessary)

After fitting it all together the Ohm-meter confirmed we had a go!

This was an excellent exercise for my non existing lathe skills, but as I now invested in some proper tooling I find it very rewarding to make such things up, even if it takes me a ridiculous amount of time....

If anyone is interested in this mod I have a dwawing of the parts....

The rest of the day (not much...) was used to make a proper housing for the electric fuel pump, which I want under the car, where it should be.  I found a suitable location just behind the rear axle, where there is a void above the floor level so well protected.

 on: Yesterday at 02:58:20 PM 
Started by chriswgawne - Last post by chriswgawne
The 3 sprockets, numbers 16, 21 and 24 are now sold. Well done the forum!

 on: Yesterday at 02:25:28 PM 
Started by nthomas1 - Last post by lancialulu
Not wishing to undercut Omicron but I have a few...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2018 Lancia Motor Club Ltd

Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 16 queries.