Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
20 May, 2024, 11:04:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
 on: Today at 08:46:27 PM 
Started by Angle Grinder - Last post by Angle Grinder
Saw this whilst doing my weekly sweep for interesting rare parts and thought it might be of interest to some Delta owners:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126491651961

on: Today at 07:05:07 PM 
Started by Keithver - Last post by lancialulu
So long as you don't push the synchromesh (no crunching of gears). It should be OK but look at the attached photo where the engagement teeth are missing. The synchro was so worn (made of brass so no evidence on magnetic plug) that crunching the gears just knocked the little teeth off - it is these teeth that transfer the power - when they are all gone you have no gear and a lot of shrapnel destroying the box.

on: Today at 03:04:17 PM 
Started by Keithver - Last post by Spider2
Let us know the results in 500 miles. Fingers crossed. Hoping to visit the Cape wine lands either this autumn or 2025

on: Today at 12:58:16 PM 
Started by Caracad - Last post by Caracad
Water pump is making a noise. It’s also possible to wiggle the pulley by hand so some play there.
It was refurbished before I got the car and isn’t leaking. I assume the bearing has worn prematurely.

Any advice anyone?

Cheers
Mark.

on: Today at 12:48:48 PM 
Started by Keithver - Last post by Keithver
Thanks for the advice guys. Tim, I know the sensible thing is to take the box out and inspect - the prospect fills me with dread to be honest. Ive only just begun to drive the car properly and enjoy it to the full. I think I'll drain the box oil in 500 miles and take a view then.
Thanks again all. Your advice is always much appreciated

on: Today at 10:31:02 AM 
Started by RRomanis - Last post by Jaydub
Hydro carbons are unburnt fuel caused by an out of tune engine, not necessarily a rich mixture. It could be uneven compressions, badly seating valves, tight valve clearances, worn spark plugs, air leaks, incorrect ignition timing etc etc. As has been suggested, it may help to adjust the mixture to get the engine to run more evenly, but everything else needs to be correct first and then balance and tune the carburettors. Also make sure the engine is fully up to temperature before the emissions are checked, and not having sat around waiting for the test to be carried out. Most MOT testers, especially the younger ones, have no knowledge or understanding of carburetted engines.

on: Today at 09:44:57 AM 
Started by RRomanis - Last post by Beckerman67
Having just had my 1972 Fulvia MOT'd yesterday, I understand that the MOT is purely a checklist of visual inspections. Mine did not have an emissions test (none of my classic cars do,) as they would not meet the emissions requirements of much more efficient modern engines.
Dave Gee

Just found this on the Government Website if it helps:

"Petrol before 1975 tested by sight"

on: Today at 08:49:54 AM 
Started by RRomanis - Last post by dhla40
You need to find an MOT garage that will let you fiddle with the carbs during the test, most places are only used to modern cars and have no clue. Luckily my local was happy for me to adjust and it may have been a calibration issue with the tester they were using but my CO was 3% with high HC and by tweaking the CO up to 4.5 it brought the HC down.

Sean 

on: Today at 07:34:56 AM 
Started by RRomanis - Last post by RRomanis
Hi all
Thanks for responses so far.
A follow up question, as my interpretation of a couple of the responses seems to contradictory.
My understanding was that is the HCs are to high, I’d need to turn down the mixtures. This seems to be implied in 1 of the responses.
However, a later response suggests the opposite ie turning UP the mixtures in order to reduce HCs.
Can anyone confirm definitively please?
Thanks

on: Yesterday at 08:50:54 PM 
Started by Keithver - Last post by lancialulu
I have used 75/90 Mobil 1 SCH fully synthetic for last 20 years.

If you know about Fulvia gear boxes when the synchros stop working (even partially) the small engagement teeth of the gears take a hammering which is generally where the swarf is generated.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd