Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
25 May, 2024, 09:55:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
 on: Today at 06:51:13 PM 
Started by Nigel1967 - Last post by Richard Fridd
I would try another thermostat at this point. And use a suitable thermometer.

Richard

on: Today at 06:26:03 PM 
Started by Nigel1967 - Last post by Nigel1967
Hi Richard ,
I think you’re right .in overfilling my rad I’ve removed the expansion buffer hence the water coming out of the overflow.
Still can’t understand why the stat seems to take longer to open.
That said , even with the gauge virtually at 100, the rad cap is fairly cool to the touch.
All very confusing
Best
Nigel

on: Today at 06:07:37 PM 
Started by Nigel1967 - Last post by Richard Fridd
Am I correct in thinking that the space in the top of the radiator half an inch above the core is the tank for expansion?

Richard

on: Today at 04:21:46 PM 
Ah I see. That makes sense .
I’ve never had a problem before filling with extra coolant so I’ll see what happens next time out.
I actually don’t know what type of stat I have but I’ll see if I can take a look.
Not sure why the gauge goes further toward the hot than previous but once the level has sorted itself out maybe it’ll revert.
Thanks very much indeed
Best
Nigel

on: Today at 03:27:20 PM 
Started by Nigel1967 - Last post by lancialulu
Without  knowing your specific situation I can  tell you that Fulvias "self level" when hot. Normally to around 1/2" above the core. People with Fulvias often make the mistake that the level should be higher and keep topping  up suspecting a head gasket or hose leak.... Maybe,  but generally the rad does not like being full.

Do you know if your thermostat has a c2mm hole that acts as a bleed before opening. Some thermostats are without this hole which should be vertically uppermost.

on: Today at 01:55:45 PM 
Hello all,
I have a series one Fulvia zagato which has a very minor weep in the top of the radiator so I added some Wynns rad seal to see if that works. In doing so, the coolant level in the radiator is higher than it normally is and so when it warms up is blowing some out of the overflow and the temperature gauge goes further over until the thermostat opens.
The question I can’t fathom is, would having too much coolant has these effects ?
Thanks for any thoughts
Best
Nigel

on: Today at 09:35:39 AM 
Started by Chris Hopkins - Last post by Richard Fridd
Was the F5000 a converted BRM H16? If so, imagine buying one of those nowadays as a redundant project.

Richard

on: Yesterday at 07:10:33 PM 
Started by lancianut666 - Last post by Kevinlincs
That's interesting to know that ESSO have done away with the ethanol free from their super unleaded as I purposely drove out of my way to go to the only ESSO station around, and that is 25+ miles away!
It will save me bothering now, there's a Shell more handy so their V power will be used from now on.

on: Yesterday at 05:32:08 PM 
Started by Chris Hopkins - Last post by sllim1946
Very sad news indeed.

I first become aware of Peter some time in the 1960's whilst marshalling at an 8 Clubs event at Brands Hatch. He was towards the back of the grid for the Formula 5000 race but seemed to be  enjoying himself greatly with a group of mates amongst whom I spotted Tony Lanfranchi - another driver who was also always up for a laugh!

In addition to racing the Fulvia he also raced at the Isle of Man TT on a sidecar outfit. In response to the inevitable question "Did you ride in the sidecar?" Peter would reply "I might be a little crazy but I'm not completely mad!"

I also found Peter's notes on Fulvia maintenance very helpful and he was always very generous with his time and loan of special tools.

I had the great pleasure of working with Peter on the Committee when he was President and he helped me enormously.

Peter will be greatly missed by so many of us.

Brian Mills

on: Yesterday at 03:28:12 PM 
Started by sllim1946 - Last post by Dikappa
best to check and rebuild the reservoir, as the piston should always be up, also during normal use.  if not your brake will not feel correct.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd