Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
09 May, 2024, 02:43:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
 on: Yesterday at 12:48:41 PM 
Started by davidwheeler - Last post by GG
Noel MacWhirter had a lovely Aprilia site. Nice guy too....

on: Yesterday at 12:44:29 PM 
Started by davidwheeler - Last post by brian
Bearing in mind my pre-alzheimers I might be wrong but I am sure that there was a source of very good info online from Australia and the name Nolly is drifting around in the depths. They were taken off but I did photocopy them all. Now these are in Vienna with daughter with car. I can ask but does anybody remember?

on: 07 May, 2024, 09:57:14 PM 
Started by grale16v - Last post by grale16v
Hi All,

Will there be a UK representation at this event?

i would be interested in going (and pop over to the Nürburgring while in the area)

on: 07 May, 2024, 05:41:41 PM 
Started by Chris Hopkins - Last post by ColinMarr
I am saddened to hear of the death of Peter Gerrish. I knew of Peter early in my Lancia involvement, but only got to know him properly when I started to sort out problems with my Fulvia Sport. Peter was the man to go to, and in about 2002 I visited him to replace the 1600 engine timing chain and investigate the chain tensioner. It was a masterclass experience and such a pleasure to work with an expert and learn so much at the same time, and with good humour. Peter was a highly qualified and hands-on engineer, mostly at home getting the best out of Fulvias and Vincent motorcycles. But he also took on more formal roles - this is a photo from 2009 of Peter in Presidential mode at a lofty meeting to do with the Lancia centenary.

on: 07 May, 2024, 03:16:26 PM 
Started by davidwheeler - Last post by Jay
Hi David, I removed the whole rear sub-assembly before tackling the removal of the trailing arms. Which involved, removing the dangerous leaf spring and the wire-based ties, then the half circle clamping brackets followed loosening the outing torsion bar clamping bolt as well as the angled retaining clip (38-74208) and inner clamp for both torsion bar and surround cover (38-74033). Then tapping the arm off, can’t remember which end of the torsion came out first but it all came apart fine, if not a tad long winded.

on: 07 May, 2024, 02:48:56 PM 
Started by lancialulu - Last post by lancialulu
1927 Lancia Lambda Series 7 ‘Ballon Smontabile’ - Preservation vehicle | Donington Auctions | May 19, 2024

1927 Lancia Lambda Series 7 ‘Ballon Smontabile’

Believed to be the most original and low mileage Ballon still in existence

Offered from the collection of the Jamieson Family
Offered with reserve of $75,000 AUD
Chassis number: 17372
Engine number: 7428
Considered by marque experts to be the most original and lowest mileage Lancia Lambda ‘Ballon Smontabile’ still in existence anywhere in the world, this is a significant car.

Hero of the Jamieson family collection, headed by renown global Lambda historian and expert Bill Jamieson, this 1927 Series 7 has had just three owners from new and is believed to have covered a mere 60,477 miles.

Jamieson, author of the seminal Lambda work ‘Copolavaro’, purchased the Lambda from its second owner in 1989, and then began a gentle recommissioning to return it to the road after 30 years garaged on blocks.

A long wheelbase Torpedo Tourer that emerged from the Lancia works on 21st June 1927, this Lambda was factory fitted the removeable ‘Ballon Smontabile’ saloon-style roof, which when fitted effectively transformed the tourer into a sedan. However, it also still came with a fabric frame and roof, which remain fitted to the car today and have never been used.

Originally ordered new through the Shields Motor Company in Melbourne by Alexander Mercer of Wannon, in Victoria’s Western District, the Lambda was then purchased by Rich Anderson from suburban Melbourne, who used it sparingly until 1954, when it developed a head gasket problem, resulting in its three-decade hiatus.

Once in Jamieson’s hands, he resolved to preserve as much of the Lambda’s original finish and detail as possible, a process that took him six years.

“I’ve been concerned to keep it as original and not do things that don’t need doing or paint things that don’t need painting,” Bill Jamieson proudly explained.

“The magdyno, starter motor, carburettor, autovac and instruments have all been overhauled, and the radiator now has its 95 tubes clear. New seals have been fitted to the water pump. Several spokes needed replacing, and superficial rust on the wheels required treatment, so one of the few repainting jobs has been to strip, prime and refinish the wheels before fitting new tyres.”

When he first took possession of the Lambda, the head was off the engine from its aborted gasket repair, and the oil inside had turned to jelly. Thus, the engine was removed and then carefully reassembled, and at the same time the clutch and brakes were rebuilt.

Mechanically, the Lancia remains today a totally original, matching numbers car.

Now presenting as something of a time capsule, the 1927 Lancia Lambda ‘Ballon Smontabile’ still wears its original dark maroon paintwork with black guards, its original burgundy leather trim with grey speckled red carpets, built-in cocktail cabinet, and even the original tool kit.

The 1927 Lancia also comes with an a large file of history documentation and personal notes, correspondence, maintenance receipts, references, and photographs.

Chassis type: 216

Construction number: 7383

Gearbox number: 4061

Differential number: 7287

Rear cross member number: 17372 (left)

Rear cross member construction number: 7383

Boot latches number: 7383

Dash medallion number: 17372

The 1927 Lancia Lambda Series 7 ‘Ballon Smontabile’ is being sold here unregistered and will require mechanical recommissioning. Accompanying the sale are two original leather luggage cases, one with makers plaque of 'Stabilimento-Valigeria C.ALTAVILLA & FIGLI Via Frejus 106-TORINO'

on: 07 May, 2024, 10:58:19 AM 
Started by Chris Hopkins - Last post by brian
He was a great ally when the Flavia and 2000 Consortium was started and came to the early AGMs which were held in Birmingham at the home of Rob Taylor who was the founder. When we had the Flavia 25 at Charlcote near Stratford  we organised the Parts Identification Quiz to which he added a bit of BSA or similar motorbike to ensure nobody got 100%. Helpful, amusing and a thoroughly nice person.

on: 07 May, 2024, 09:39:26 AM 
Started by Neil - Last post by jus
Sorry that I couldn't attend - but how was the day at Brooklands?

on: 07 May, 2024, 09:04:12 AM 
Started by Michael Tryton - Last post by Michael Tryton
I still have the larger 'Carello' fog lamp (shown above on Fulvia & Alfa bumpers) - which in my view is the nicest one, actually - and also the rectangular FIAT lamp.

While that smaller 'Carello' fog lamp with a cover has now been sold, however.

on: 07 May, 2024, 08:50:40 AM 
Started by Chris Hopkins - Last post by lancialulu
Sad news indeed.

I remember his great contribution as organiser of the Fulvia 50 event. He always had a story to tell.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd